Void Cheque for Telegraphic Transfers
As part of our efforts to safeguard our customers from fraud and financial crimes, effective 30 September 2018, all Telegraphic Transfer requests submitted through a third party at branch counters will only be accepted when accompanied by an Emirates Islamic cheque.
Following is required for Telegraphic Transfer requests at Emirates Islamic branches:
- A dated account payee cheque would be required favoring the beneficiary, signed by the authorised signatory and marked void
- Valid Emirates ID of the depositor must be presented to complete banking transactions at branch counters
Please refer to the example below for clarification on the aforementioned points.
Requirement of Void cheque will be excluded for Emirates Islamic customers in the following scenarios:
- Telegraphic Transfer request submitted at the Branch Counters by the customers themselves
- Customers without a cheque book facility are exempted from the requirement of submitting a cheque. (Savings & FCY accounts)
We recommend that you enroll for our Digital Banking Services to facilitate convenient processing of your banking transactions including funds transfer requests. This will allow you to apply without the requirement of the Void cheques.
1. Emirates Islamic Online/Mobile Banking for Individual customers
2. SmartBUSINESS for Non-Individual customers